Thursday, May 6, 2021

Really huge boost 29er frame in 7005

This frame does not look that big in the photo but trust me- it is gigantic. The rider is 6'10". The reason the frame does not look that big is that the tube diameters are also oversize, giving the illusion of a much smaller frame. The head tube is not that long because the shock fork is super long- a boost 29er fork with 150-160 mm travel. That said, I wish that I could have used a taller head tube . Hopefully with some riser bars this tall rider will find some comfort on this frame.
The down tube diameter is 50 mm. The top tube is 42 mm and the seat tube is 34.8 mm. I have not used this combo of tubes until now- the great majority of people would not need something this over built. 
The rear end features Dedacciai 'fat bike' chain stays to accommodate the 2.8" rear tire. The seat stays are NOS Easton USA rectangles mated to and Ahrens seat stay yoke. These are all pretty specialized materials that I only get to use a couple of times a year. It was a challenging build but I think it came out well.
 

No comments: