Sunday, March 10, 2019

Show bike

 With luck this completed project will be at the upcoming NAHBS in Sacramento. I built this bike to commemorate 40+ years since I built my first frame. That first frame will also be at the show, along with a gravel tandem, a 40th anniversary 650 boost MTB, a real world-cup CX team bike and the newest disc/road bike.
 The idea of this bike might be lost on some of the people at the show- a mix of building techniques both old and new- features that are generally not on bikes that I usually build- an in-between type of touring bike that might not suit most people's notion of what a touring bike should be. That's OK, it is a bike that will fill a particular need for a particular type of touring that I have enjoyed in recent years.
I hope to hit the open road with this bike in the coming months. While it was fun building this bike , it will be infinitely more fun using it for what it was built for, casual coastal bike touring of the most savage and unrelenting leisure.

No comments: