Wednesday, July 3, 2013

The last team frame for Ashville is done !

This is actually the second to last one - an aluminum 'cross frame for cantilever brakes. This one is like the rest, pretty durable and 3 lb. 4 oz. Maybe not as light as scandium but still about a lb. lighter than what I would build in steel.
 All six of these team frames are being fitted with tapered steerer forks and four of the frames will be disc brake only. This one is more traditional and maybe a tiny bit lighter as a result.
 Here's all six frames , about two weeks of determined work. I still have one more frame in the batch to build-a disc brake 'cross frame for a rider in Reno. I'm giving myself extra time to complete it ......I think a more relaxed pace for the last two days of the week is in order.

No comments: