Wednesday, March 17, 2010

own a piece of history, or at least a really fancy bike.

Around six years ago I built this frame , fork and stem to try out my first set of Pacenti lugs and to commemorate twenty-five years since building my first frame. I also built it to show folks that I had the capeability of building a really fancy lugged frame if required to do so. It is now 2010 and I want to buy a bunch of tubing that I cannot afford so without ceremony, I am going to sell this rolling tribute to Alf Hetchins and all the really gaudy frames we love that came from England in the '60's and '70's . I'm asking $ 3,800 for the whole bike s shown. It is almost unridden inspite of its age. If you have questions about the bike, just email me paul@rocklobstercycles.com . I'm also selling my single speed 'cross bike that was featured on this blog about this time last year. Both of these bikes were built for shows and although I like them and worked very hard and painstakingly on them, they stand in the way of bikes yet to be built.









2 comments:

Shawn said...

How much are you asking for the cross bike?

swiggco world said...

The 'cross bike is $ 2,500. It's a bling bling seat mast rifled tube paul component adorned battle-axe of the first order. I'll put up a photo in the next posting.