Saturday, January 12, 2008

Progress


Now that the first batch of VOS team frames are at the painter the second batch is in the works. This group of ten frames will probably take a little more time than the first batch as things seem to be conspiring to make my work slow and my days long. All this said, the frames are looking super nice so far . I have made a couple of new fixtures for the lathe that are speeding up this operation in the photo.....the machining of the head tubes. It only took me 30 minutes to produce the tool I have needed for seven years........

2 comments:

steve garro said...

i bet that's alot faster then my tubing cutter and bike research facer! steve.

swiggco world said...

If only.....I still need to hacksaw the headtubes and use the manual facer ! This part is actually additional time spent rather than time saving but it makes the bikes prettier and easier to weld. Aluminum tubes are easy to cut and machine but they need more work before welding than steel tubes because of the thicker walls. It's fun, nevertheless.