Friday, January 22, 2021

Steel disc brake road bike for Pacific Grove

Currently there's a real problem getting components for complete bike builds. To build this bike I had to be resourceful getting all the parts - the original plan was a full Ultegra build with some wheels from a small company.
If you look,you won't see much Ultegra stuff, only the brake calipers. I was able to get Dura Ace levers to mate up with the calipers but really had to improvise on the derailleurs. Front is a 105 and the rear is a Metrea......ever hear of it ? It's 11 speed and it does pretty much the same thing as a short cage Ultegra. I could not get an Ultegra or any Shimano crank but fortunately Praxis works is just down the street from me and their stuff is fantastic. I got some Shimano RS-770 wheels and they are set up tubeless. There's  lots more scrounging stories with this bike but I won't bore you with them.....it was a real journey but it is a rolling bike.


 

No comments: