Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Steel CX frame for Portland, Oregon

Yes, this frame is going to the most cyclocross city in the USA. The frame has a new integrated head tube that takes the same headset as my aluminum frames. I think the quality of the tube is excellent and I might wind up using it on a lot of my future builds.
Here's a more direct view of the head tube. It is tapered to accept the Enve fork that will be installed once this frame lands at its destination. The customer opted for external routing on the rear brake for ease of installation.
The rear stays are spread wide enough to accept a 700x40 tire or even something a little larger as long as it isn't being ridden through that peanut butter mud they have there at PIR- a place where many CX races have been held- some of the muddiest I have seen ever..
 

No comments: